Lead Product Designer @ Airfoil
74 days ago
Airfoil is a collective of designers, engineers, and artists helping cutting-edge products in crypto, the creator economy, and future of work take flight. Since our inception in 2019, we’ve worked with 80+ teams to bring their products to market, including Drift Protocol, Layer3.xyz, Solana Labs, Playhouse, Highbeam, and more.
As we increase our involvement in the web3 space and prepare to launch our own product offerings, we’re rapidly growing our Toronto-based (but remote friendly) design team.
As a fast-growing startup, working at Airfoil is both exciting and sometimes challenging.
- We’ve helped some of the fastest-growing players in web3 get off the ground, and your work will have tremendous impact here. Products incubated and shipped at Airfoil can be seen by hundreds of thousands, if not millions, within months of launch.
- We’re growing quickly, and joining Airfoil at this stage allows you to build something truly lasting, as well as “getting in at the ground floor” of web3.
- We favor teammates who are collaborative > competitive, interested in learning and sharing what they learn, and truly lovers of their craft.
- Many of the projects we build are zero-to-one — meaning there’s sometimes not a clear guidebook on how to build the solutions we want to build.
- We’re rapidly scaling our team, and keeping company culture close-knit while increasing headcount is a challenge.
About this role
We’re seeking to hire a Lead Product Designer to join our design team.
Designers at Airfoil work either on internal products (Cheque, Mira, Flow) or on our partners’ products, typically in 4-6 month cycles (allowing you to contribute to various products across web3). We welcome candidates either in-person in Toronto or remote.
- Lead projects for the team
- Mentor and guide fellow team members
- Conduct and analyze results from user testing to translate it into experience design
- Concept and brainstorm UX and UI designs for projects
- Support all aspects of design and production for projects, focusing on innovation and quality
- Provide UX design support
- A portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong design sensibility
- Experience creating experiences for web, mobile or devices
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, and other design and wireframing tools
- Ability to prototype in your tool of choice (Figma, HTML/CSS, InvisionApp, Framer, etc)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
At Airfoil, we believe that your internship with us should be helpful to us and to you, and we see your experience here as an opportunity to further your learning and growth as a designer. For that reason, we will support you in several ways:
- Access to learning resources and practice projects. In addition to client work, we will occasionally host ‘design jam’ sessions via video call to assist you in your growth as a designer.
- Cross-border experience and training from tech company founders. Our team is led by Silicon Valley tech company founders hailing from the USA and Korea, and while working with early-stage companies our team will be there for you to assist and advise.
At Airfoil, we are committed to building a safe environment where you will be supported through your professional and personal growth. We are designers second and people first.
- Contractor, full-time
- Part time (possible)
Compensation and Benefits
We aim to provide highly competitive compensation for our industry, with benefits that help our employees focus on their work while maintaining a proper work-life balance.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- 🏥 75% healthcare reimbursement
- 🦠 COVID test reimbursement (up to $100)
- 🧠 Mental health coverage (up to $100/mo)
- 🏋️♀️ Gym membership (up to $50/mo)
- 🗓 Unlimited PTO, but 2 weeks required per year
- 🌎 100% of home internet cost covered by Airfoil (up to $100/mo)
- 💻 Equipment - desk, laptop, etc (up to $2000)
- ✈️ $2500/year travel reimbursement
- 🏢 100% of coworking space costs reimbursed when offices not available (up to $300/mo)
- ☕️ Work from coffee shops (up to $100/mo)
- 🤝 Conference attendance fees covered case-by-case (at least 1x/yr)
- 📚 Learning and development stipend (up to $240/yr)
We hire on a rolling basis. Hiring will close once we find a suitable candidate - apply early!