Visual Product Designer @ Babbel
80 days ago
Babbel is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 150+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness.
From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Visual Product Designer to join our Experience team to design a forward looking end-to-end experience for all our learners. The Experience team at Babbel operates at the intersection of company strategy and product vision – to visualize and make tangible the path forward for our product experience.
- Work in our Experience team comprising a small and nimble group of Product Designers
- Address vision and ideation of user-centric experiences
- Deliver high quality visual and interaction design solutions for existing and new features
- Create sketches, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively test and communicate ideas quickly
- Collaborating with the research teams to uncover learners’ perspectives and our competition to generate solutions
- Engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and experiments into informed design decisions
- Advocate for best practices and make sure we’re shipping high-quality experiences to our learners
- Mentor other product designers
- A talented designer who has shipped high quality digital product experiences
- Able to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for millions of people around the world
- A rapid prototyper with a systematic approach
- Data informed, and interested in balancing business outcomes with user centricity
- A fantastic team player with a people-focused mentality
- A great communicator who can express their thoughts well in English
- More than 3 years of product design experience in a consumer-focused, high-performing organization
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating problem-solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Experience with engaging behavioral interactions and motion design
- Expertise using industry-leading design and prototyping software
- Good prioritization and time-management skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working on growth teams, product activation or buying experiences
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- Visa and relocation assistance
- Full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith and nap room
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers+, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group and more
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.