Product Designer @ Climatebase
7 days ago
Climatebase is the world's leading platform for climate careers. We're mobilizing the world’s top talent to work on climate, while helping climate tech startups and environmental nonprofits hire the mission-driven talent they need to succeed.
We're a small team of passionate climate-concerned technologists, operators, and community builders. Our founding team members come from leading technology companies including Slack, Netflix, and Gusto, as well as Make School, a tech education company backed by Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Kapor Capital, and Reddit founder Alexis Ohanian. Our advisors, allies, and partners include leaders from Project Drawdown, New Energy Nexus, The Anthropocene Institute, Urban Us, and many of the climate organizations hiring on Climatebase.
Since our public Product Hunt launch in July 2020:
- Nearly a half-million people have used Climatebase to find climate jobs.
- Our network includes over 3,000 climate tech companies and environmental nonprofits, and over 23,000 talent profiles.
- Over 25,000 jobs have been posted in the past year, and hundreds of climate-focused employers have successfully hired through Climatebase.
We recently joined Urban-X, a prominent climate tech accelerator, and we plan to grow our product team substantially over the coming months. We're seeking a product designer to join our product team, which currently consists of two part-time and two full-time team members. To learn more about our team, click here. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor at an early-stage, high-growth digital climate tech startup that's making a major impact.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to lead design across our platform. You will be Climatebase’s first full-time designer. This person will lead strategic direction of design projects, from absorbing business requirements, conducting user research and analysis, through to translating that strategy into user flows, site maps, wireframes and prototypes. This is a full-time or part-time, contract role, with the opportunity to be salaried after the contract.
What you will do:
- Design slick, responsive digital products (from ideation to creation).
- Map out and optimize the customer journey to identify areas of opportunity to drive conversion and enhance user experience.
- Consult on design consistency and visual styling across all Climatebase user facing assets (marketing, product, investor relations)
- Some possible projects could include:
- New hiring tools/features for employers.
- Designing new and improved versions of existing Climatebase pages and directories, such as the organizations directory, jobs search directory, people directory, job posting pages, organizations pages, Climatebase Fellowship + more!
- The opportunity to create a completely new and unified design system for Climatebase.
- The opportunity to design new products for jobseekers to help that transition into working on climate
- You should be self-directed and excited to take on the responsibility of being our design lead.
- Experience in user-centric UX design (in-house or in agency)
- Ability to design and prototype in tools such as Figma and Adobe.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, HTML/CSS and other current web technologies
- Fast paced: You thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of frontend development to ensure designs are buildable and within architecture capability.
- You understand the technical limitations behind design and can effectively partner with your engineering and data counterparts
Nice to haves:
- A passion for solving hard problems and understanding user needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working on marketplace platforms.
- Some experience in user experience or conversion rate optimization.