Senior Product Designer @ GraphCMS
11 days ago
✨ Senior Product Designer ✨
You'll have the chance to own the end-to-end product design process by adding new features to production, and continuously improving the ux.
You'll also share knowledge & mentor other designers on the team.
Apply here 👇🏼 https://jobs.graphcms.com/...
At GraphCMS, we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of 50+ colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our own product on a daily basis.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Purpose of your role as a Senior Product Designer
Design is an integral part of our continuously evolving product and brand. We see design as a competitive advantage and care deeply about it across the company.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will take on a critical role at GraphCMS by owning the end-to-end product design process and adding new features to production, and continuously improving the user experience. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work closely with the product and engineering teams.
What you will be working on
- Understanding the needs of the Headless CMS market, our customers, and all related stakeholders by doing user research.
- Conducting user interviews to learn more about the users’ needs.
- Collaborating with the product and engineering teams to shape up the problem statements and defining both the long-term strategy and short-term goals
- Designing end-to-end user experience from discovery to production-ready UI.
- Working closely with the engineering team to launch new features and make improvements to the application.
- Contributing to extending and maintaining the design system.
- Participating in design reviews and sharing your work regularly with the design team and company leadership.
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring other designers in the team
What we expect from you
- Expertise in all aspects of product design (UI, UX, research, prototyping).
- Experience working as an individual contributor with a preference for working independently and taking ownership.
- 5+ years of experience working in a design role, preferably at high-growth startups that are developing SaaS products catered to a highly technical audience.
- Strong sense of design aesthetics and a liking for sophisticated design.
- Keen to learn and always being up-to-date with the latest improvements in technology.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools and having a good understanding of front-end frameworks (you don’t have to code but it helps in collaborating with the engineers).
- You have systems thinking and can work with shared patterns and libraries.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills to communicate own ideas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with Headless CMS and designing API-led products is a plus.
- Understanding and writing UX copy is a plus.
We encourage you to apply even if you are not completely sure whether you meet all our requirements. We believe that modesty is a wonderful thing and value your character as much as your talents.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our team's success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with individual responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)
- Case study or portfolio presentation
- Collaborative workshop + Team Fit call