Lead Product Designer @ Headspace
10 days ago
Through science-backed meditation and mindfulness tools, Headspace helps you create life-changing habits to support your mental health and find a healthier, happier you.
Headspace is part of Headspace Health, the world’s most accessible, comprehensive provider of mental health and well-being care. Headspace Health also consists of Headspace for Work and Ginger, who partner with over 2,500 companies and health plans to provide access to meditation, mindfulness, coaching, therapy, and psychiatry to their members and employees. Partners include Starbucks, Adobe, Delta Air Lines, ViacomCBS, Cigna, and Kaiser Permanente.
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About User Experience at Headspace Health:
User Experience Designers and Researchers at Headspace Health are passionate and ambitious about improving the health and happiness of the world. We are driven by discovered and researched insights about human behaviors. Creative excellence is core to our work and we believe in the power of design to positively influence the way people interact with themselves and the world around them. Our team solves complex design and product problems with our cross-functional peers- content producers, behavioral scientists, product managers, engineers, brand and copy teams, member experience specialists, coaches, and therapists.
About the Lead Product Designer role:
Headspace Health is looking for a passionate designer to design effective, user-friendly products to deliver effective mental health care, wellbeing, and meditation education through a human-centered lens. The Lead Product Designer will join a collaborative cross-functional team of designers and researchers, and work daily with engineers, product managers, content and brand designers, and clinicians. You will play a critical role in delivering against our company vision.
You should bring a passion for personal and societal transformation, for working with others to solve interesting problems, a love for behavioral design, and a desire to build rich, useful digital and human-delivered experiences.
The Lead Product Designer will be responsible for applying a systems-thinking lens to the design of our Member-facing apps and clinician tools. You’ll work with our design research team to lead your product design process with customer insights and journeys, facilitate collaborative co-design workshops with subject matter experts and stakeholders, and design and ship accessible, inclusive experiences that deliver great care to our Members.
This role is both one of strategic design thinking and design doing. You will be able to move fluidly from research in the field to flows and screens that deliver experiences directly to our Members.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers, brand designers, content producers, and product managers to build and test new experiences that directly help the mental health and wellbeing of our Members
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our existing consumer product
- Help set a vision for the user experience and create a space for others to collaborate
- Balance customer experience and business impact with speed and quality; design for business outcomes while remaining customer-focused
- Help drive accountability for designers on the team, which includes full team participation in crits, reviews and ensuring releases meet design specs
- Lead cross-functional idea generation sessions and brainstorms
- Effectively “sell” design solutions to stakeholders through design storytelling and by demonstrating a human-centered design approach & hypothesis driven process
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 7+ years in design consultancies or product companies using human insights to guide design work
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates a human-centered approach to design
- 1-2+ years working within mental health, healthcare, meditation or wellbeing services is a plus
- Excellent at facilitating collaborative creative workshops, especially with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong relationship-building skills to socialize ideas within the organization and external partnerships
- “Sensemaking” skills to find direction and meaning in quantitative and qualitative data
- Able to make abductive leaps to originate exciting new concepts that meet human needs
- Some people management experience is a bonus
Desired skills & traits for this role:
- Strong experience using Figma
- Content strategy and IA planning skills
- Passion for inclusive and accessible design
- Attention to detail and a strong visual point of view
- Comfort working with and contributing to design systems
- Expert knowledge of iOS and Android interface patterns and behaviors
- Skill with following design requirements as well as generating your own
- Skill testing your work, from concepts to wires to clickable prototypes and in-product experiments
- Desire to iterate based on learnings
- Excited about envisioning the future of digital healthcare experiences
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.