UX/UI Designer @ Hyper Luminal Games
84 days ago
We're an indie games developer based in Dundee, Scotland. Our Mission “Making Games Better” means spending every day making things more streamlined, learning new skills and nurturing existing ones.
Here at Hyper Luminal Games we work collaboratively which promotes open communication. We don’t stifle creativity; in fact, we continuously encourage it. We believe that building great teams extends beyond a work environment and into a social setting, with satisfying events and activities.
We have a very clear understanding of a team’s need for open communication; this is part of our culture. At Hyper Luminal we get that people have lives and responsibilities, and we are here to understand and help you balance your personal responsibilities and, within the studio, your work and growth.
You bring experience that deserves recognition as a UX/UI Designer. At Hyper Luminal we know that you need to be master of your own destiny and drive your own work. But, when you want it you will be supported by your department and peers. Teamwork is a core value pillar in the studio.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest art tools and technologies, ensuring that every asset is performant, visually striking and communicates our creative vision. You’ll improve our art pipelines and techniques while integrating new tools and technologies as we develop our games. You’ll be responsible for delivering expertly designed art assets, built to the highest standard, ready for integration into various contexts across the studio.
You are encouraged to be as good as you can be and there are systems in place within the studio to support you to do just that. Incremental improvement is our aim and all team members are involved in how that evolves.
If this feels like a place where you can thrive and grow, with the team, the projects and the studio, then apply for this position and let’s explore working together!
- The desire and ability to champion user experience above all else, positively, even when it is challenged.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to manage stakeholder and partner relationships and communicate effectively with team members at all levels.
- A proactive approach with high levels of passion, and creativity when it comes to problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ensuring UI design and UI assets are created to the highest quality.
- Expert planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise your workload and meet deadlines.
- A creative and logical approach to problem-solving with an end-user focus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A clear, concise and accurate communicator in all formats.
- Strong layout and iconography skills
- Good sense of colour, value and contrast.
- Adapts well to new processes and pipelines and helps to further improve existing ones.
- 3+ years experience working as a UX/UI Designer with a minimum of 2 shipped games.
- Experience in UX with a demonstrable portfolio of wireframes, user flows or similar
- Proven experience in creating UI Designs/Assets via a Demo Reel and/or portfolio.
- Experience with industry-standard Game Engines.
- Experience with industry-standard Game Engines. [Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma]
- Expert experience with industry-standard 2D tools. [Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma]
- Experience with Unity & Figma
- Experience with Mobile UI development
- Idea generation for projects.
- Traditional pipeline of learning through a University environment.
At Hyper Luminal Games we are passionate about our employees and provide development opportunities for all our staff. We take pride in the fact that we understand individual reward systems for all our team members, encompassing not only remuneration but responsibility, recognition, and individual learning.
We offer competitive salaries, a generous pension scheme, life insurance and 28 days of holiday increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days after 5 years.
At Hyper Luminal, creative collaboration is the key to success. Team members are given a range of responsibilities within a flat hierarchical structure, to enable an entirely team-driven games development process. Your role at Hyper Luminal is to ensure our games and software utilise a 'best in class' approach, helping the studio to continually raise its quality bar and reach beyond what is generally expected of a smaller development team.
We value your commitment and strive to ensure that all team members are included in a range of after-work activities to help prosper curiosity and creativity, including exciting games nights, delicious dinners and unique team-based events.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Hyper Luminal Team!