Product Designer @ Inkplot Therapy
76 days ago
At Inkblot Labs, we believe in helping Canadians get the health care they need, when and where they need it.
We create apps and services that make it easier, more accessible and more affordable for Canadians to get the care they need. We believe in the power of technology to let you live a healthier, happier and more meaningful life. And with this passion, we’re making practical solutions to everyday problems..
Interested in building high-impact health products? You’ll fit right in.
Life at Inkblot Labs
We are founders, entrepreneurs, designers, and technologists coming together to build, launch, and scale products and companies solving painful problems in the Canadian health space. We love solving big challenges and are focused on providing Canadians with better access to the care they need.
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our team who will be required to build out a brand new Digital Health product from the ground up. Within this role, you will be working with an external team on the development and design of this new product, while also being a core part of the Inkblot Design team. We are seeking someone who has the experience and confidence to build out an MVP.
As the Product Designer you will:
- Build out an MVP with an external team
- Work closely with the current design team to collaborate, review, and iterate your designs
- Conduct basic product research and interviews where required
- Design and document components while building and maintaining our design system.
- Have proficient understanding of Figma and Design Systems
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of design principles and best practices
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Information Architecture in order to craft experiences that feel natural to navigate.
- Convert user research into empathy-driven experiences
- Iterate quickly on ideas and concepts to arrive at effective and elegant customer experiences
- Possess excellent UI skills and attention for detail, in tune with the latest design trends
- Be familiar with User Research tools and an understanding of when to use them.
- Design for Accessibility and Inclusion
What you'll need
- Experience working end-to-end on a project
- Experience building out an MVP (nice-to-have)
- A basic understanding of front-end development, including HTML and CSS frameworks.
- Having experience in both web and mobile product design is an asset
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively to engage and influence a variety of audiences
- Openness to collaboration and feedback
Design Portfolio Piece
Although we do not require a specific number of years of experience, we are seeking a candidate who has completed end to end work on products within a professional capacity. Both freelance and full time experience is accepted!Inkblot Design operates under a no-design test philosophy. With this in mind, it is crucial that you put forward a piece of work you feel best represents your abilities and our requirements.
Please include one work sample or case study from a professional project that demonstrates your ability to work end-to-end. Ideally this project was primarily completed by you or as part of a small team. If not, be prepared to explain which aspects of the project you were responsible for.
The sample should show both strong UX and UI capabilities as well as strategic problem solving
Feel free to narrate your work with a voice recording or provide written captions and explanations where appropriate
The sample can be presented on a website, figma file, notion page, PDF, video or dropbox/drive file
You must include a link to the exact project, or your application will not be considered
Our Commitment to Your Health:
We pride ourselves on offering flexible and comprehensive benefits for you and your dependents, covering medical, dental, mental health and more. At Inkblot, we also understand that life happens. When it does, we offer flexible work hours for the times when you need to put your health, family, or well-being first.
We believe the best workplace cultures are where every voice is valued and every person feels comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. Diversity and inclusion are ingrained in our DNA.
Inkblot Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Whatever you need to be successful, we will support you. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process or a few questions answered, please let us know at [email protected]