Senior Product Designer @ OneSignal
11 days ago
We’re a market-leading customer messaging and engagement solution, offering mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. Our powerful multi-channel platform enables one million businesses to deliver over 10 billion messages daily. Powered by superior architecture, OneSignal is designed to scale with your business and deliver messages more quickly and reliably than the competition. By providing an open API, extensive documentation, free accounts, and intuitive personalization and analytics tools, we help businesses of all sizes provide a seamless messaging experience to create meaningful customer connections.
OneSignal is looking for a Product Designer to help design the UX of our messaging platform used by 1.5 million app developers, and our mobile app experiences that reach billions of devices. We're looking for a team member with attention to detail and who understands design is equal parts form and function. You will work closely with engineering, product and other areas of the business to help make our product more intuitive and delightful to use.
We are looking for someone who puts our users first and is able to articulate their design decisions. We want people that have a ‘ship it’ mentality and have a passion for always measuring and learning. We want people who care about building easy to use products and have a savvy for using data to make better design decisions.
You’ll join our Design team. We’re a nimble group that spans user research, user experience, prototyping, visual design, brand design, design systems and frontend engineering. We ideate a lot. We prototype a lot. We talk to users to validate our work. We run cross functional workshops to influence design thinking across the company.
In a typical month, a Senior Product Designer at OneSignal might:
- Work directly on the UI and UX of our web products
- Lead design for one of our core product areas, working with product managers and engineers to explore the problem space and solutions
- Develop user flows, wireframes and other assets to help facilitate product discovery
- Design high fidelity mockups and prototypes for new features
- Provide and solicit feedback from cross-functional stakeholders
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver a quality product
- Observe current user behavior and lead design initiatives to improve UX
- Build empathy and a deep understanding of our users and how to empower them
- Initiate and conduct various types of UX research including both qualitative and quantitative
- Work with design engineering to implement and evolve our design system
- Mentor others on the design team and constantly advocate for ways to evolve design thinking across the company
- Run design workshops and/or sprints with cross-functional team members
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years experience designing for B2B SaaS products
- Extensive experience conducting usability testing and research
- Experience leading design teams on a project basis
- Ability to analyze, optimize, and simplify workflows
- Effectively communicate with other team members (how we structure design team meetings)
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience designing for both responsive web and mobile
- Relevant understanding of best practices and trends in UI/UX design
- Obsessive attention to pixels
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process (see our Dribbble page)
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Sketch (we use Figma)
- Familiar with building and thinking in design systems
- Understand technical requirements and aspects of modern apps, SDKs, APIs etc.
- Experience working with marketing and communications software
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.