Product Designer @ Playbyte
19 days ago
Playbyte is hiring a product designer to help us build a game engine for iOS that embraces the constraints of mobile and makes game dev feel more like social media
Looking for someone who knows why things feel delightful + where folks get caught up in complex flows
DMs open! pic.twitter.com/6K5GHyFQWp
Playbyte is building an iOS app that lets anyone make games on their phone and share them with the world. We believe that game development should be as accessible and rewarding as shooting and editing videos for social media and strive each day to make that more true for our users.
Playbyte is a native iOS game engine built for mobile game creation. By embracing the constraints of mobile devices and emphasizing remixing, pulling from, and contributing to games you’re playing in a social feed, we want to cultivate a community that continuously discovers and surfaces entirely new kinds of games that can go from quick experiment to international viral hit in hours.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join Playbyte. In this role you will work closely with a team of engineers to shape the user interface and craft the look-and-feel of our core product experiences.
- Imagine new ways to express game mechanics with intuitive creation primitives
- Help design new product and user experiences
- Collaborate with engineers to implement mobile tools and workflows that give users new creative superpowers
- Provide constructive visual design feedback to peers
- Identify and polish commonly-used components, building a design system across the experience
- Spark joy and bring fun with every new design and interaction
What we seek:
- Skills and mindset to operate independently on ambiguous projects, prioritizing work and driving execution
- Deep knowledge of visual principles and design standards
- Ability to design conceptual models and information architecture to educate users on abstract concepts
- Experience collaborating within an iterative, experimental framework
- An interest in games, play and creativity
- Experience working around game engines
- Comfort diving into SwiftUI or UIKit to get details just right
What We Offer:
- Fully remote team -- Work anywhere in the US
- Autonomy over work schedule
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Cash/equity compensation aligned with Playbyte’s long-term success
Playbyte believes that diverse teams are strong teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.