Product Designer @ Satellite Vu
13 days ago
Join Satellite Vu as a Product #Designer. We offer a competitive package & exciting #opportunity to join an innovative #startup!
To apply and details: https://apply.workable.com...#hiring #HIRINGNOW #HiringAlert #productdesign #GalaxyHeroes #uidesign #uxdesign #uiuxdesign #designer pic.twitter.com/0XMyWhfaBq
Satellite Vu was founded in 2016 with the aim to fill the void in high resolution thermal data from space. It has, since then, turned into a high-growth space tech company poised to help the globe address its sustainability challenges through high-resolution thermal imaging. We are on a quest to ensure any structure on the planet is energy efficient and support the reduction of businesses’ carbon footprint. In near real-time, we will use infrared technology to monitor the Earth and will be able to assess and determine insights into economic activity. This will allow businesses to make decisions to become more environmentally friendly.
At Satellite Vu we are looking for a Product Designer to join our existing team. You will also have a great eye for Product design and User Experience. The Designer will be reporting to our Product Lead who will lead the UI design of our next-generation solutions and products for our platform
This role is for someone who has experience interacting with a team of developers and systems engineers leading the conceptualization and design of new and innovative UI designs for our products and solutions.
To ensure your success as a Product Designer, you should have a deep understanding of UI design principles as well as expert knowledge of the current tools, trends, and best practices within the industry.
- Translate concepts into UI architectures, sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user interfaces and user experiences.
- Facilitate the customers' and product owners' product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development life cycle
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centred design research.
- Perform subjective and objective research both qualitatively and quantitatively, to gather deep end-user understanding.
- Perform usability/heuristic evaluations and validations across the product or solution lifecycle.
- Experience creating designs for websites and web applications
- Experience in conducting UI/UX research
- Experience in communicating research results and storytelling
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and to act autonomously
- Bonus: interest in map design
- Bachelor’s degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science, UI/UX Design, or Graphic Design and minimum of 2-3 years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expert skills in modern design tools – graphic design, infographics, page layout, prototyping, 2D & 3D animation
- Experience employing an iterative, user-centric design process in UX design/interactive prototyping.
- A portfolio of work to illustrate your skills and talent
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with web UIs built on React.js/Node.js frameworks
- Knowledge of Earth observation and online mapping concepts
- Attractive base salary
- Potential Equity (Depending on experience)
- 25 Days Holiday + Birthday Off
- Company Pension
- Flexible working (office in Holborn)
- Learning & development allowance
- Access to PerkBox - www.perkbox.com/uk
- Contribution to enable a renewable energy provider at home