Product Designer @ Seldon
11 days ago
Why join Seldon
Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious mission: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since launching in 2018 we’ve grown to over 50 people located across Europe and the US and raised over £10 / $13 million in venture funding. Over 60% of the Fortune 500 use Seldon’s technology today - and we work with global industry leaders like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Red Hat, and NVIDIA.
In addition to our product, we’ve created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our open, collaborative ethos. We’re a small, talented team, making a large impact in helping shape the future of machine learning.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. You'll be expected to re-imagine and re-define how customers access and experience data insights, supported by access to customers, and all the resources you need to build your customer empathy.
The products you design will be touched by some of the world’s largest companies! You’ll be responsible for end-to-end design for workflows relating to our Data Science and Machine Learning Engineer personas, working closely with peers from engineering, product, designers and more.
You'll be expected to always put the user first - making our products simple, easy to use, accessible and visually pleasing.
What you will be doing
- Own the product design and user experience meant for Data Science and Machine Learning Engineer personas in our products within the Product Design team
- Examine data and user behaviour patterns to invent new features from scratch or improving existing workflows
- Create product designs, from early exploration mock-ups and wireframes to collaborating with our UI Designer to build fully-fledged final designs
- Evaluate desirability of functionality through user research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and other designers
What you will bring to the team
- We're looking for a designer with extensive knowledge and interest in data. You love uncovering new stories to tell by visualising data and connecting between dashboards
- Extensive experience in designing visual and engaging, end-to-end product designs
- The ability to simplify complexity, especially given very technical concepts
- Creativity, curiosity and user intuition
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient with design applications like Axure, Balsamiq, Figma, Sketch and Adobe Suite
- Proficient in visualising chart interactions
- Thrive on technical detail to influence API-level workflows
- Experience working with open-source software
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, related field or equivalent experience
What you will enjoy in return
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
- A commitment to learning and career development and £1000 per year L&D budget
- Competitive salary and share options to align you with our long-term success
- 28 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays on top)
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working
- Nest Pension scheme
- AXA Private Medical Insurance (including dental and optical)
- AIG Life Assurance and EAP
- Perkbox - perks, medical and wellbeing benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular socials, lunch & learns and events