Product Designer @ Standard Metrics
16 days ago
Standard Metrics, formerly known as Quaestor, is an automated financial collaboration platform that helps investors and founders to move faster together and make better, forward-facing decisions. We're a full-time team of 32 product builders, investors, and optimists rebuilding investor relations from the ground up. Standard Metrics is backed by 8VC and Spark Capital along with other leading software VCs and angels.
📌 We're hiring our third full-time product designer. Send us a note if you're interested in learning more. While the team is currently working from home, we're prioritizing candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This post should give you a clear sense for what we're working on and whether the culture we've built is one you'd thrive in.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Love breaking down complex workflows in excel into elegant interface solutions
- Believe the function of design is to solve problems for our customers and sometimes that means creating squares and rectangles
- Care deeply about rapid, continual iteration with a frequent customer feedback loops
- Are excited to participate in large parts of the customer research process. We're big fans of the Mom Test.
- Have experience designing financial products, software, and/or tools.
- Are an effective written and verbal communicator. You believe in creating artifacts for your work and the power of documentation. We use Loom videos a lot!
- Are interested in the venture capital and startup ecosystem. Bonus points if a good financial model gets you excited!
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of CSS and HTML
Day-to-day you will:
- Own and drive the complete product design lifecycle of major product initiatives
- Work side-by-side with our sales and ops teams to understand business objectives and solve problems for our customers. We believe everyone at the company is a Product person
- Collaborate closely with engineers to understand technical constraints and design from the "data model first". We always have screenshots of the data model in our Figma files
- Conduct customer research (creating research questions, running interviews, and synthesizing findings) to deeply understand customer problems and outcomes
- Produce the artifacts needed—specs (Yes, our designers sometimes write these), sketches, mockups, prototypes, or code—to take UI ideas from conception to our customers
- Participate in weekly product reviews and share your work regularly with different teams and company leadership
- Contribute to our design system and component library
- Help improve design team processes and evangelize the role of design to the organization through learning sessions and other mechanisms
- Experience designing for responsive web applications
- Experience working in an early or mid-stage startup with cross-functional teams
- Experience designing products from inception to launch or similar experiences like founding and launching a company
Working at Standard Metrics
Culture and values
- At Standard Metrics, we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone we cross paths with. We prioritize velocity, our competitive advantage as a startup. We believe firmly in a founder mentality across the team — we build together, respect each other, and think like owners. We strive for excellence in everything we produce through passionate craftsmanship and attention to detail. To build towards the future, we need to challenge existing assumptions, and so we avoid analogies and seek the truth. We believe in high transparency, which manifests itself in our product philosophy as well as the way we run our team.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
- 401(k) and PTO
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Learning sessions with foremost experts in their fields