Senior Product Designer @ Swiftly
13 days ago
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency.
Over 115 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 1.7 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%.
The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
Design at Swiftly
In the government software world, the focus has been pure function, often at the expense of usability. At Swiftly, we believe excellent products are not only powerfully functional but also smartly and beautifully designed. Swiftly lovingly crafts products using consumer software sensibilities to make user experiences that flow and features that are engaging, easy-to-use, and targeted toward solving customer problems. We’re seeking a detail-obsessed, big-picture-enthralled Senior Product Designer to lead the charge in identifying, sketching, prototyping, and shipping elegant solutions for the transit data problems that we aim to solve.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work on a cross-functional product team to develop delightful software for transit agency staff. Your team will focus primarily on bringing real-time data to life to inform and connect day-to-day operations. You will have a hand in each stage of product development, taking projects from user research, to sketches, to high-fidelity designs. You will also help build a strong design foundation, including contributing to the Swiftly design system and research repository. Your work will have a direct impact on how transit agencies deliver service to their communities.
What we're looking for
- You have experience designing products from conception to completion, sharing the vision through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You have experience leading user interviews, finding root problems over suggested solutions, and effectively communicating learnings to a distributed team
- You can identify the best design methods to articulate your solutions (wireframes, prototypes, etc.), articulate that you are solving the right problems, and defend reasoning behind design decisions
- You enjoy working in an iterative design process, motivated by group and user critique
- You have a portfolio showcasing work you were directly responsible for, highlighting the ability to solve complex problems
- You act as a mentor for other designers, providing feedback and supporting their professional growth
- You have a growth mindset and are proactive about jumping in where the team needs
- You have experience using Figma for design and prototyping
- You have 4+ years of professional design experience
- Even better: You have experience with designing mobile & web experiences and messaging platforms.
Beyond the Skills
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with a required minimum
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2022
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit.