UI / UX Designer @ Tellius
80 days ago
Tellius is a fast-growing business analytics startup headquartered in the Washington DC area with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Our mission is to automate analytics using AI-driven Insights. Powered by powerful Machine learning algorithms, Tellius serves business users with hidden insights in vast amounts of data across multiple sources, and provides business users with intelligent suggestions / recommendations using Google like search interface.
What we need
Come and be a core part of a rapidly growing startup in the Analytics / Business Intelligence domain.
We’re looking for a UX / UI Designer to drive Tellius platform design, interaction, user research and related areas. This is an individual contributor, hands-on role that requires strong design and creative skills along with a can-do attitude to build unique compelling content.
- Good understanding of product design.
- Strong hands on Visual design theory and concepts.
- Produce highly innovative, functional and visually compelling designs.
- Deliver rapid prototypes with impeccable user experience / interactions.
- Conduct user research to validate needs, interactions and bring them back to designs and prototypes.
- Work with product and engineering to define product IA, user experience, interactions language. Deliver wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, workflows, and understand customers and users’ feedback to iterate and help build an intuitive and delightful product.
- Collaborate with engineering team to do rapid iteration based on scheduled releases.
- Good knowledge of design library and design decision management.
- Confidence to step forward and fight for best user experience.
What you need
- 3-5 years of experience designing enterprise applications and/or, websites.
- Excellent understanding of user interface, visual design, color theory and user experience skills.
- Strong knowledge of web application and mobile user interface design methods.
- Good hands on experience with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, OmniGraffle, Axure, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, InVision or other design, wireframing, mockup and interaction design tools.
- A portfolio of projects (Dribble, Behance, others) that demonstrates design skills.
- Strong design fundamentals with the ability to communicate complex concepts via visuals, charts, graphics, colors, typography and illustrations.
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Team player with can-do attitude.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design Information Management, Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
Wouldn’t hurt to bring along
- Experience in AI, predictive analytics and machine learning landscape is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Analytics / Business intelligence (BI) products such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, SiSense, Looker, Zoomdata, Thoughtspot, OBIEE, Birst, GoodData, Cognos, Business Objects, DataRobot, etc.
- Experience in Data visualization, D3, Highcharts, etc.