UX/UI Designer @ WhoseYourLandlord
10 days ago
WhoseYourLandlord (WYL) is a prop tech platform positioning quality of service in the center of the multi-family industry (like Airbnb has in hospitality and tourism). We provide home providers (landlord, property managers) and residents with the right tools to make informed rental decisions.
The platform is free for residents, allowing them to share housing reviews and educational renter resources. WYL’s users have reviewed 25,000 landlords across 400+ US cities on the platform. WYL additionally sells predictive analytics and data collection as a service to building owners, operators, and lenders enabling them to increase their retention rates and make more data-driven capital improvement decisions.
By cultivating a transparent marketplace, WYL is building the world's most trusted rental community.
What we're looking for
WYL is looking for a dynamic UI/UX designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
You should have a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Help guide our overall strategy through design, prototyping, and market research.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets.
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography, fonts, images, and graphic design.
- You will be expected to travel as need arises, up to two times per quarter, in support of the Company’s software development, partner relations, marketing, and sales efforts.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO / sick leave
- Annual company retreat
- Work primarily remotely (or with our Sales + Marketing team in Brooklyn, NY)
- A competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- An allocation of share options in the business